Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sarah Michelle Gellar: “I totally have body dysmorphic disorder”

Sarah Michelle Gellar: “I totally have body dysmorphic disorder”Sarah Michelle Gellar has admitted that like most women she struggled with body issues, and that she even “tunes out” when she looks in mirrors.
The Buffy The Vampire Slayer star told Health.com, "I'm a female! I totally have body dysmorphic disorder. I think most women do. A make-up artist friend once said, 'I don't think I've ever seen you look in a mirror.' I'm surrounded by them all the time - you sit in hair and make up - so I guess I just have this mechanism where I tune it out.”
The 34-year-old actress then continued, "So every once in a while, I'll look and I'll be like, 'Wait, that's what I look like?' I just have to remember that I'm human, and I'm a mum. Being a parent changes the vanity at least a little bit. It has to. Your priorities are different."

Unusual labour

Sarah Michelle, who also talked about how she likes to keep in shape, then revealed that she kept on exercising during her pregnancy, and even went into labour when she was doing Pilates,
“I went into labor at the Pilates gym. It was funny, because I was getting cranky, and I said to my trainer, "I’m just cranky today." She was like, "Maybe it’s because you’re going to give birth!" And I was like, "Nah, not yet." It turned out I was in labour, I didn’t realise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment