Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dappy: 'Girls have tattoos of my face!'

Dappy: 'Girls have tattoos of my face!'.OK, so we all know there are teenage girls who will go a little ker-razy for their fave popstars, right? Heck, we should know what with that Take That poster which is still a bit covered in lipstick... But while we are all up for a little squeal and autograph now and then, we never exactly went this far.
In an interview with Popdash, ahead of the release of his actually pretty cool new single No Regrets (no relation to Robbie Williams...), N Dubz starDappy talked about all the female attention that he gets and discussed some of the less traditional gifts he has been presented with over the years:
‘I get loads of stuff…presents, clothes, food… Pictures of people who have my face tattooed to their bodies! Someone has my face tattooed on her back! It’s crazy.’
He is right, that is a little crazy, imagine queuing behind her at the Post Office and seeing Dappy’s head poking out the top of her t-shirt. Not cool.
But dear Dappy is just chuffed with all the attention and also talked about how he reacts to all the hysteria: you just have to lap it up and give a bit back!
“I’ll flirt but only if they are over 21! Just a little flirt to make them feel good about themselves! The young ones you just give a hug! But the older ones might get a little kiss on a cheek, but nothing more than that. I would never go out with a fan though, maybe if I saw someone I liked I would take them for a drink” he said.
Bet his long term girlfriend Kaye is absolutely thrilled with that answer! Although he did also add that she is definitely the one for him: ‘Definitely, she is the one for me, we’ve been together a long time. She calls me Dap-Dap.’
The man of many hats also revealed the exact origins of his nickname, which turns out isn’t as dappy as you would think:
“It comes from Dapper, which means you know what time it is, you have you head screwed on, you’re a baller!”
Well, he is number one in the mid-week charts so it would seem he is doing something right! No Regretsis out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment