Friday, September 23, 2011

James Corden wanted to shag Lily Allen





Anyone who saw the infamous interview between Lily Allen (the interviewer) and James Corden (the interviewee) will know that there’s a bucket load of chemistry between the outgoing pair.
It's now come out that the happily settled down Gavin & Stacey star wanted to things with Lily to go further than just flirting, as extracts from James’ autobiography, Can I have Your Attention, Please have appeared in The Sun.
Recalls James; “I hadn't seen Lily since The History Boys premiere when I got a call asking if I'd go on her chat show to promote the new series of Gavin & Stacey. When I spoke to the researcher beforehand he said the idea for the show was to find out how compatible Lily and I would be.
“Given where I was at the time, with my ego starting to spiral out of control, a broken heart trying to nurse itself with empty one-night stands and a complete lack of understanding of my position in the world, this was right up my street. I made it my aim to make Lily mine.
"I guess I went out with Lily four or five times in total after that - and not once was it a proper date. It always seemed to involve other people and not just the two of us. I guess we were friends but, for my part, I definitely wanted more than that. The last time I went to her place was when the reality dawned on me.”
James then goes on to describe the night he thought he was going to sleep with Lily,
“It was Lily, me and a couple of her friends chatting and drinking. Eventually, Lily let out a yawn, looked at me and said, 'I'm going to bed now, what about you?' My heart stopped. This was it. After all this time, all the false dawns. So she walked up the stairs with me padding behind, my mouth dry, my stomach churning, my hands sweating - I was all kinds of sexy. Play it cool, I told myself. She is just a girl, just a girl.
“At the landing there was a bedroom on our right and Lily pushed open the door. My heart was pounding. Lily looked deep into my eyes. 'You can sleep in there', she said, pointing to the room opposite, then pecked me on the cheek. 'Night, night'. Never have I felt such a douchebag. Who was I trying to kid? I remember lying in bed and realising how badly I'd misread the signs. There was no me and Lily, it was all in my mind.
"I'm glad that's all it was. I like Lily very much and know if push came to shove that night, I'd have been awful in bed. I would've been so nervous that nothing - and I do mean nothing - would've happened. So I want to thank Lily for sparing a lovesick fool that kind of embarrassment."
We're just trying to imagine a world where Lily and James settled down together....  

No comments:

Post a Comment